Check out a few highlights from the event last year!
2015 June 6 & 7
Homes are open Saturday & Sunday,
11 am — 5 pm
Don’t miss the largest and longest running tour of vintage homes in Indiana.
Located just 15 minutes from downtown Indianapolis, Meridian-Kessler is one of the city’s oldest neighborhoods. Well-maintained homes with historic charm are nestled within a diverse walkable community.
Founded in 1973, The Home & Garden Tour was created to promote the history and unique architecture of the neighborhood.
Today, the Tour is an important part of the fund raising efforts of Meridian~Kessler Neighborhood Association. Ticket sales and sponsorships are reinvested in the neighborhood and helps ensure that our community continues to thrive. These proceeds help to
- Enhance Livability – make the neighborhood more walkable and bike-friendly, develop infrastructure plan, and support crime prevention efforts
- Promote Growth and Capital Investment – support the mid-town TIF district and drive redevelopment opportunities
- Advocate to City Government – develop the neighborhood long term land use plan and promote compliance with community values
- Communicate – organize community meetings where critical neighborhood issues are addressed, hosts business and clergy breakfasts and publish a community newsletter
- Partner with Community Stakeholders – support the work of organizations serving youth and seniors
- Preserve Historic Qualities – prioritize neighborhood beautification efforts and promote commitment to historic architecture